Okay. So I actually have something to fangirl about (The regular updating this when I bought comics thing kinda stopped when…I stopped buying comics regularly. Or rather, I got an account at Jmanga, so my budget is between two awesome comic services instead of just one…so I’m counting my pennies, so to speak. XD *thumbs up*)
So let’s start with the quick things before I dissolve into squee-crazy land:
Thor: First Thunder
Got this on a Comixology .99 cent sale (Oh how I love those things–I’m sorry Marvel, but $3.99 is too much for a digital comic.) & I’ve only read the first issue out of the 5, but I like it so far. It’s a re-telling of the Donald Blake version of Thor finding the staff/hammer & even includes a copy of the original version.
Wasn’t too crazy about the art style–but I LOVE the Donald Blake secret identity when it comes to Thor. The intelligent doctor with a walking stick, who turns into Thy/Thou Thor? Win all around. Plus, it looks like Loki is the main villain which should always happen. Thor and Loki forever.
If you haven’t figured it out by now–I really, really like Thor. He’s 90% of the reason I read anything by Marvel. (The other 10% involves the movies, Iron Man & Captain America.)
Nothing in particular, but lately I just can’t seem to get enough of Spain & Romano. <3
Recorder and Randsell
I like this series/manga a little too much to be healthy. I don’t know what it is about a ten year old who looks twenty and a his older sister who looks ten that’s so hilarious/heartwarming, but it is. o_o And his crush on his little classmate is so adorable. XD
My only complaint is that it’s so short. I don’t mind the 4-panel strips/manga part so much, but the 3 minute anime episodes aren’t enough. The sketch style comedy is fine, but gimmie more. It’s Hetalia all over again with it’s 5 minute episodes–only two minutes shorter. At least now with the Hetalia DVDs I can watch them all in a row. Still–at least Recorder & Randsell got a second season green lit. :D
Heh. I’m watching it as Crunchyroll gives it to me, so I’m only on episode 6 but yeah. Madoka Magica. I can’t tell if this series is living up to the hype or what. But it’s good. XD
I miss Mami though. *twitches* Why do I even bother liking characters? They always, always end up leaving me. XD
And Kyuubei is evil. EVIL.
Alright. Here’s the important part:
Houji Sadojima is a character from Rurouni Kenshin–specifically he’s one of the followers of Shishio, and hangs out on equal grounds with Yumi.
Houji Sadojima was my hands down favorite character in Kenshin and him, Shishio and Yumi was my power trio for the series. I loved them. I actually cosplayed once as Shishio and begged & pleaded for my good friend to cosplay as my Houji. (She was awesome by the way–I don’t care what anyone says: her costume was dead on! *hugs*)
I can not physically picture Shishio without Houji and Yumi right behind him. It’s not possible.
Needless to say, when I caught that “The Secret Life of Characters: 33” in Volume 13 that says Houji was one of the author’s favorite characters–glee. And that wasn’t even the best part – during the ending of the Kyoto Arc where they all meet up in Hell? Biggest “Awwwww~~~” Cooing moment in Kenshin. I squealed like the little fangirl I was.
My only concession was that I preferred him breaking his own fingers in the anime instead of ripping his nails off in the manga. That was a tad creepy. XD
What’s the point of all this? THIS NEWS POST. Did you see it? Here it is, right here:
A Houji figurine exists. The character most people don’t remember, or refer to as “That whiny, creepy guy?” He has a figure. Out of all the characters in that show, they actually kept this little trio in tact. <3 <3 <3
I want. I want. I want.
…I also want that new Shishio figurine, but that’s another story.
Uh. I think I’m done now. Right. Totally an adult right here. Yup.